Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dig Deep!

Hello all!
Camp is HERE!!!! This week is our Student Leader Training week, and let me just say, I am so excited with what God will do here this summer. Our staff is amazing, and I haven't even met all of them yet. We had a girls/guys night last night and it was such a blessing to see the hearts of these young men and women and their desire to serve God with their time here this summer.
Jess said to me last night after the meetings with the staff, "I love my job. I love that I get to be a part of things like tonight." It is so true. We LOVE camp. We met at East Iowa Bible Camp and I have been going to camp or a part of camp staff every summer except 1 since I was 8. God uses camps in such a mighty way to teach us about his love. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of things "click" about God when we are at camp.
Jess and I would love if you would join with us in prayer for this summer at Camp Elim. Pray that God would send camper that need Him, and that the staff would be a tool for God to use in those campers hearts. Pray for unity for the staff. Also pray that our theme for the summer wouldn't just be a new T-shirt that the kids get for a summer. The theme is Dig Deep.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"
but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment