Monday, April 19, 2010

Hey Apple!?!?

Hello all,
So A lot has been going on recently and they have been great.

First off Celsey's family came out over Easter for a few days and it was so much fun doing a bunch of different touristy things that we haven't had the chance to do. We went to Focus on the family, Garden of the gods, Cheyenne mountain zoo, air force academy, flying w ranch, and of course....Smashburger. It was so much fun...and very tiring, but it was great to have them here and give them an opportunity to see where I work, and where we live.Celsey also did the incline last monday. I told her she had to go with an experienced person so I said she had to go with Shawn and Teri Willoughby's son, Luke, Shawn works here at the camp with me. She was very worn out and tired, when she was done, but felt very accomplished by doing it. If you don't know the incline is a trail that goes practically straight up with railroad ties laid out. Basically climbing stairs for an hour and a half. It is 3.2 miles up, with a 2100 ft. vertical rise. She is still missing all the air in Iowa, but this hike has helped her get acclimated to this elevation.On another note, we had our small group out to camp last night, and it was great to have them here. Celsey made homemade pizza which was the bomb...and was my lunch today as well. We had a lot of fun hanging out with all of them and apparently we are going to write a few books amongst our small group. One having to do with Psychology, and the other will be a "How to make amazing s'mores" Quite a line up if you ask me.

Celsey right now has applied for classes and will start going back to school this summer and fall. She is very excited and nervous to go back to school. It was a hard decision for us because Celsey is still considered an out of state resident until next spring, 2011, which means school is going to cost almost 5 times as much. After praying about this, we feel that the high cost of tuition is not as important as Celsey finishing school. We are trusting God will provide so we don't have to add any more to our school debt.

On a final note, our last post was about Celsey sleep talking, so I wanted to end on that. Once again there is another chronicle to add on to her sleep talking. This past sunday morning my alarm was going off because I had to wake up to go to the chapel to do sound for the worship team that lead worship this past weekend during our Women's Retreat. Right after I shut off my alarm Celsey rolled over and said,"Apple, it's time to wake up." I didn't know what to say, so I just got up and started getting ready. Then while me and Celsey were walking down to the chapel after breakfest she asked me, "Did I call you apple this morning?" I then said, "Yep, why are you dreaming about apples?"

Needless to say it was a funny experience, and NO, you should not start calling me apple.

Thanks again everyone, love you all.

Jess & Celsey

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts! It helps me so much! And I miss you a lot...but it helps to know you are happy and having fun together. We love you both a ton! We are looking forward to seeing you in less than 6 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARLY REES SAID...
    Yes in deed we had a ton of fun. Now it back to school, and we are in sport season. I am getting ready for a soccer game right now. Tomorrow Tyler will be 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope when we have his birthday party again he doesn't spit out the birthday candles. He is such a squirrel. Speaking of squirrels one of the kids in mom's class broke the water fossit off while he was washing his hands and water was flying up to the ceiling and splashed all over the class room. I love you both.
    -Your Favorite sister
    Carly Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing hill climb. I've made a youtube devoted to our church to hopefully bring more people to Christ.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/LifeChurchOwassofan

    I only have about 8 videos on there now, but am slowly adding more. I've also recently purchase a HD camcorder to make some serious quality videos.

    Looks like your doing great Jess. Looking forward to another Blog.

    ReplyDelete