Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'M AWAKE!!!

Hello all,

Had a great time back at Emmaus...we really miss everyone there...definitely don't miss doing papers and stressing over exams...but miss the place. We ended up taking 7 students to DEW and they enjoyed it a lot.

It was a great time and we were safe driving. It was raining pretty hard on our way home but that was nothing compared to the high winds. A big non-aerodynamic 12 passenger van is not the greatest when you are facing some crazy wind across the plains of Nebraska.

Other then that the drive was great...especially when everyone was sleeping...instead of yelling.

Well if some of you don't know Celsey has a little bit of a problem with sleep talking. I was told this when we were engaged but have absolutely loved messing with her when she starts doing it now.

For example a few weeks ago, we were in bed and Celsey was asleep while I was watching TV. All of a sudden Celsey said, "Yea, they were suppose to come by." I not missing a beat said, "Who was suppose to stop by honey?"

She went on to talk about two families that she works with at the school. Of course, I kept asking question after question. Somewhere along the line of our conversation Celsey woke up, but continued the conversation.

Finally she knew what I was doing and she annoyingly said, "Jess, I'm awake." Then I said, "Ok, then how did we get on this topic?" It then hit her as she shook her head....and I laughed.

Two nights ago it was the same situation. I was watching TV and Celsey rolled over and said, "Did you find it?" I was very confused, but then realized this was another opportunity to mess with her.

I then said, "No, I can't find it. Do you think it's in the drawer in your nightstand?" She then rolls over and turns on the light, then opens the drawer and begins to shuffle through it.

She finally says, "I can't find it. Sorry." Then turns the light off and lays down.

The next day I asked her if she remembered anything from the night before. She then explained to me that she woke up during the night and was looking in the drawer.

Let me just say that I love my wife...and I really love it when she talks in her sleep because I have started documenting it in a notebook I have next to our bed.

Check in next time to find out the latest on Celsey's sleep talking adventures...trust me there will be more...

Jess

3 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny Jess. Oh the things you learn when you get married. Kevin talks in his sleep too. I love it though that you have started to keep notes on the situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a kid in my Air Force unit who talked in his sleep and sleep walked. Funny to hear but strange to actually see. I was on "dorm guard" duty one night and he just sat up and started talking to the wall, then layed back down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kellie would sleep talk alot too...it's fun to mess with them! You must get this from me...cause dad doesn't play along! WE love you CELSEY! Don't let Jess tease you about your fun conversations.

    ReplyDelete