Sunday, March 21, 2010

UNI WHAT!?!?

It's hard to describe the way Celsey and I felt yesterday after UNI upset Kansas. It was kind of a bummer because we started flipping out...then we started telling other people here and most didn't care. We needed to be excited with other people...so...we ended up calling family and friends just so we can vent. It was great when I called my sister and the first thing she said when she picked up was,

"Can you believe it...that was awesome!!!" Now that was the reaction I was looking for.

Although I am a die hard Iowa fan, I do like UNI, mainly because I've been there and gone to a few games when Kellie went to college there...on top of that, I still have a lot of UNI shirts from Birthdays and Christmas the years Kellie went there. I go for UNI unless they're playing Iowa...but Iowa State I just can't stand no matter who they are playing.

Celsey and I are headed to Emmaus this next week with a few students from Camp. It's going to be great. We have been talking about the stuff we are going to buy for the trip, that way we don't have to spend a lot of money at Gas stations. The list consists of Diet Coke (for me), Diet Mt. Dew (for Cels), trail mix, sandwiches, and of course my favorite Peanut Butter Twix. It's really weird that I only eat PB Twix when I'm on road trips but for some reason I can't get enough of them.
Pray that we have a safe travel and that the students will really learn a lot so they can figure out their future...whether that's going to emmaus or somewhere else.

Fun little thing.....now that you know my favorite road trip food is Diet Coke and PB Twix, tell me what your favorite road trip food is. Thanks a lot and check in soon...

Jess & Celsey

3 comments:

  1. My favorite road trip food is.... a bottle of water (for when you get really thirsty), a cappuccino, and M&M's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you say, "the years that Kellie went there" :-) Man for all of those years I spent in college, I should be a doctor:-) JK I love unsweeted gold's peak ice tea and a butterfinger to keep me awake and Nolan's is sweet and spicy chili doritos and gatorade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs Jess and Cels!! Dad and I love trail mix and tea (dad) Yummy Java's (me).

    ReplyDelete